Table of Contents
At present, according to the general standard of FIFA (FIFA), The venue shall be rectangular, no longer than 120 meters or less than 90 meters in length, no more than 90 meters or less than 45 meters in width (international competition venues shall not be longer than 110 meters or less than 100 meters, no more than 75 meters or less than 64 meters in width). In any case, the length must exceed the width.
There are two kinds of football stadiums, one is simple field, 4 poles are near the main football field, and There is no roof in the auditorium, such as the 2016 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup Bava stadium.
First things we need know the Lux Level, Television or non TV broadcast? The lux level standard is different between Television or non TV broadcast competitions. According to the FIFA’s stadium lighting guide, the class V (i.e. international televised such as World Cup) football field has the highest standard level of 2400 lux (vertical – face of football players), and 3500 lux (horizontal – the turf). If the football field is for community (recreational use), we need 200 lux level. The high school or college football club can have 500 lux.
Lighting specifications for non TVs
|national competition III
|League competition II
|Training and entertainment competition I
Lighting specifications for TV relay competitions
|Characteristics of lamps
|Average vertical illuminance
|Average level of illunination
|V level slow notion camera
|5=80, better 90
|national IV level coherentbroadcasting
|mobile camera (ground)
Another important parameter is lighting uniformity. It is a scale from 0 to 1 (max) reflecting the distribution of lumen across the sports field. It is the ratio of minimum illuminance to average illuminance (U1), or ratio of minimum to maximum (U2). Hence, if the lux level is quite similar, says around 650 to 700 lux, the difference between minimum and maximum value is very small, and the uniformity will be closer to 1. The lighting uniformity of the FIFA standard football stadium is 0.7, which is relatively challenging in the sports lighting industry.
For the big football stadium, the poles always far away from the play pitch, so we need choose the best beam angle, we have 10°/24°/38°/60°/90°/120° beam angle option.
The general color temperature requirement of football ground is larger than 4000K for all classes. But we usually use 5000-6000K color temperature to provide better illumination for the players and audience because these colors are more invigorating.
Major international football events with TV broadcasting will request CRI of lighting fixtures are above 90. for national competition and professional competition, Ra 80 will be enough.
Artificial shadows on the pitch caused by floodlighting systems detract from visual clarity for both spectators and television broadcasters. The shadows impinge upon the viewing experience and should be eliminated where possible or reduced to soft shadows.
During the pitch illuminance design process, it is important to evaluate the production of player shadows and eliminate any hard shadows. This will generally be done by using multiple light sources from various locations for each area of the pitch. This will mean that shadows are reduced and players will benefit from good illuminance modelling around their entire bodies. This will be essential to provide the adequate vertical illuminance and uniformity on all planes.
The image above demonstrates the impact of player shadows on a football pitch.
In some stadiums, the existing infrastructure will mean that a four-corner tower/column floodlighting system is the only viable option in terms of the pitch lighting design. Corner tower illuminance systems will generally produce hard shadows, which will vary in different areas of the pitch. With this type of installation, it is not possible to produce consistently soft shadows.
The image above is an example of the soft shadows created by an effective solution involving multiple light sources from different locations.
The image above is an example of hard shadows in the goal area. Shadows should be reduced where possible, while ensuring that players are not hindered by discomfort glare.
LED lamps are composed of circuit boards, optical systems and thermal management systems, and the control of junction temperature is the core guarantee of their performance. All the technical performance parameters provided by the LED light source manufacturer are based on the product characteristics under the condition of 85°C junction temperature. When the junction temperature increases, the performance index declines in a cliff style. Usually, when junction temperature is bigger than 70°C, the light decay of lights will increase speedily.
In terms of heat treatment of high-power LEDs, MECREE done a good job:
1. MECREE lights and fixtures body are made of high-quality aviation aluminum profiles, with higher heat dissipation efficiency;
2. MECREE is equipped with phase change heat dissipation technology and four dimentional air convection design to ensure the effect of heat dissipation;
3. The heat generated by the light source is efficiently transmitted to the large-area fin group through the heat pipe, and is emitted, quickly reducing the temperature of the light source and extending the application life of the light source;
4. The heat pipe is directly attached to the heat source at a zero distance, which maximizes the performance of the heat pipe and greatly improves the heat conduction effect;
5. The heat pipe uses the principle of heat conduction and the rapid heat transfer properties of the refrigerant to quickly transfer the heat to the heat source, and its thermal conductivity exceeds that of any known metal.
6. Each fin is distributed with parallel and relatively hollow holes, convective air ducts that are transparent on the left and right, and form a four-dimensional heat dissipation with the gap between the fins, dissipating heat to the maximum extent.
Football Field DIAlux Simulation
Our football field lights meets FIFA, Premier League and Olympic standards. Our engineer have full experience about the lighting design DIALux and RELUX. If you have no idea about how many pcs of lights needed to reach the lux level, our engineer will make the best solution for you.
Regarding lighting design for 2016 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup as below:
Stadium: Papua New Guinea Bava stadium
Lights: installed 208 pcs GL-FL-1000W MECREE sport stadium lights
Height of Pole: 35 meters high mast
Beam angle: 24 Degree
Poles: 4 poles
Average Lux: 1700lux.
If you have any inquiry, please tell us below info:
1.New filed or old filed?
2.What’s the size of the field?
3.How many poles? Where is the pole? Height of the pole?
MECREE have so many years experience on the stadium project, if you are working on the project, please feel free to firstname.lastname@example.org?to get a free DIAlux simulation.
1. MECREE is the only company determined to be a century-old company in the sports field.
2. Provide one-stop service for design, lighting and installation instructions.
3. World’s top design system, easy installation and more convenient maintenance.
4. 10 years focus on glare and light pollution control.
1. The new generation of high-density COB unique light distribution technology, it will be a revolutionary of traditional sports lighting.
2. 10-year constant illumination guarantee on site, 10-year system warranty, 10-year maintenance-free costs.
3. The original glare controller system can effectively control glare, enhance the comfort of sports and the experience of watching the game.
4. Separate control technology of lamps and drives increases the flexibility of the system and can effectively reduce the load on the road or light pole.
5. Advanced remote dimming function, which can automatically adjust the luminous flux output as required to meet the lighting needs of the venue.
6. Instant ON / OFF function meets the hot start function requirements, and can effectively combine sports games and stage performance functions.
7. MECREE’s lighting technology surpasses traditional lighting in the past, bringing a better experience to athletes, spectators and TV broadcasts.
8. We are not only the luminaire makers, but also designers for the comfortable light.
9. If the overflowing light of LED lamps shines on the residents’ homes, or scatter in the night sky to form light pollution, or even stimulate the eyes of athletes, it will be a big step back in sports lighting.
MECREE has launched the following series of LED Sport Stadium Lighting:
MECREE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED PLC (PRECISE LIGHT CONTROL) TO MEET THE NEEDS OF SUCH USERS, POLARIZED LIGHT 73°DEFINED AS P73 SERIES PRODUCTS, P73 SERIES PRODUCTS TO BRING YOU AN UNPRECEDENTED VISUAL FEAST.
Our precisely engineered optics of polarized light aim light directly onto the field of play, to shine uniformly and to minimize glare. Outdoor venues benefit from spill light control, no more skyglow and no more complaints from the neighbors.
1. Such light shield is useless,just misleading customers.
2. As tested it will cause 30% reduction of light output
3. While 70% still have high overflow
4. Unbearable strong glare
5. Waste energy,outdated reflective technology
Customized crossarms are available to meet all your existing old poles without replacing the main rod, crossarms bolt directly to light pole, easy and accurate installation saves time, ensures performance, safety and reliability,also lower the budget.
We are not only a manufacturer of high-power LEDs, More professional services are also included:
Provide the most suitable solution through light simulation calculation. Design of Lighthouse, parameters required for building foundation, (axial force, shear force, bending force). High power generator set supporting,circuit design service,cable supply. We are your best supply chain manager! One stop service for you! Of course, lighting solutions for other fields are also included. Save you time,unnecessary costs and greater benefits.