Not that you can do high power LED is an advantage, maybe it’s your greater risk.
Do you want to know how to keep LED lights maintenance cost be minimized?
Do you want to have high lumen output, super brightness high power LED sports lights?
Do you want to a powerful supplier can provide a whole series service including solution, lights, cable, poles and so on?
Do you still worry the spillover light affect the surrounding of sports lighting?
Do you still worry will stadium lighting have a strong glare affecting the game?
Do you worry about a floodlight with a 4D radiator and the largest heat dissipation area in a high temperature outdoor environment?
2016 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup
At present, according to the general standard of FIFA (FIFA), The venue shall be rectangular, no longer than 120 meters or less than 90 meters in length, no more than 90 meters or less than 45 meters in width (international competition venues shall not be longer than 110 meters or less than 100 meters, no more than 75 meters or less than 64 meters in width). In any case, the length must exceed the width.
There are two kinds of football stadiums, one is simple field, 4 poles are near the main football field, and There is no roof in the auditorium, such as the 2016 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup Bava stadium.
Football field DIAlux simulation
Our football field lights meets FIFA, Premier League and Olympic standards. Our engineer have full experience about the lighting design DIALux and RELUX. If you have no idea about how many pcs of lights needed to reach the lux level, our engineer will make the best solution for you.
What’s the Lighting Requirement of football stadium lights?
1.Lux Level (Brightness)
First things we need know the Lux Level, Television or non TV broadcast? The lux level standard is different between t Television or non TV broadcast competitions. According to the FIFA’s stadium lighting guide, the class V (i.e. international televised such as World Cup) football field has the highest standard level of 2400 lux (vertical – face of football players), and 3500 lux (horizontal – the turf). If the football field is for community (recreational use), we need 200 lux level. The high school or college football club can have 500 lux.
Lighting specifications for non TVs
|national competition III||500*||0.7||=550||>4000K||>80|
|League competition II||200*||0.6||=550||>4000K||>65|
|Training and entertainment competition I||75*||0.5||=550||>4000K||5=20|
Lighting specifications for TV relay competitions
|Camera||Vertical illuminance||Level illunination||Characteristics of lamps|
|Level||Camera||Average vertical illuminance||Illunination uniformity||Average level of illunination||Illtmination uniformity||Color temperature||Color rendering|
|V level slow notion camera||1800||0.5||1||1500-3000||0.6||0.8||>5000K||5=80, better 90|
|national IV level coherentbroadcasting||Fixed camera||1400||0.5||1|
|mobile camera (ground)||1000||0.3||1|
Another important parameter is lighting uniformity. It is a scale from 0 to 1 (max) reflecting the distribution of lumen across the sports field. It is the ratio of minimum illuminance to average illuminance (U1), or ratio of minimum to maximum (U2). Hence, if the lux level is quite similar, says around 650 to 700 lux, the difference between minimum and maximum value is very small, and the uniformity will be closer to 1. The lighting uniformity of the FIFA standard football stadium is 0.7, which is relatively challenging in the sports lighting industry.
For the big football stadium, the poles always far away from the play pitch, so we need choose the best beam angle, we have 10°/24°/38°/60°/90°/120° beam angle option.
The general color temperature requirement of football ground is larger than 4000K for all classes. But we usually use 5000-6000K color temperature to provide better illumination for the players and audience because these colors are more invigorating.
What’s the most easily neglected problem?
Artificial shadows on the pitch caused by floodlighting systems detract from visual clarity for both spectators and television broadcasters. The shadows impinge upon the viewing experience and should be eliminated where possible or reduced to soft shadows.
During the pitch illuminance design process, it is important to evaluate the production of player shadows and eliminate any hard shadows. This will generally be done by using multiple light sources from various locations for each area of the pitch. This will mean that shadows are reduced and players will benefit from good illuminance modelling around their entire bodies. This will be essential to provide the adequate vertical illuminance and uniformity on all planes.
The image above demonstrates the impact of player shadows on a football pitch.
In some stadiums, the existing infrastructure will mean that a four-corner tower/column floodlighting system is the only viable option in terms of the pitch lighting design. Corner tower illuminance systems will generally produce hard shadows, which will vary in different areas of the pitch. With this type of installation, it is not possible to produce consistently soft shadows.
The image above is an example of the soft shadows created by an effective solution involving multiple light sources from different locations.
The image above is an example of hard shadows in the goal area. Shadows should be reduced where possible, while ensuring that players are not hindered by discomfort glare.
2016 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup
Papua New Guinea Bava stadium installed 208 pcs GL-FL-1000W MECREE sport stadium lights, 35 meters high mast, Average 1500lux.
If you have any inquiry, please get below info:
1.New filed or old filed?
2.What’s the size of the field?
3.How many poles? Where is the pole? Height of the pole?
MECREE have so many years experience on the stadium project, if you are working on the project, please feel free to contact [email protected] to get a free DIAlux simulation.
Why choose MECREE?
1. MECREE is the only company determined to be a century-old company in the sports field.
2. Provide one-stop service for design, lighting and installation instructions.
3. World's top design system, easy installation and more convenient maintenance.
4. 10 years focus on glare and light pollution control.
Why choose MECREE LED?
1. The new generation of high-density COB unique light distribution technology, it will be a revolutionary of traditional sports lighting.
2. 10-year constant illumination guarantee on site, 10-year system warranty, 10-year maintenance-free costs.
3. The original glare controller system can effectively control glare, enhance the comfort of sports and the experience of watching the game.
4. Separate control technology of lamps and drives increases the flexibility of the system and can effectively reduce the load on the road or light pole.
5. Advanced remote dimming function, which can automatically adjust the luminous flux output as required to meet the lighting needs of the venue.
6. Instant ON / OFF function meets the hot start function requirements, and can effectively combine sports games and stage performance functions.
7. MECREE's lighting technology surpasses traditional lighting in the past, bringing a better experience to athletes, spectators and TV broadcasts.
8. We are not only the luminaire makers, but also designers for the comfortable light.
9. If the overflowing light of LED lamps shines on the residents' homes, or scatter in the night sky to form light pollution, or even stimulate the eyes of athletes, it will be a big step back in sports lighting.
With the increasing economic level of people, the number of people traveling or on business has ...
MECREE LED stadium lights 2019-2020 scholarship provides an opportunity for college students to t...